Transform International Canada (TIC) supports selected programs from members of the Transform International (TI) network, our sister organization in the US. TIC works to:
- Relieve poverty by providing basic necessities of life, including access to clean water and sanitation, to individual families in need;
- Relieve poverty in economically deprived areas by providing skills training and program related investments aimed at improving food security and sanitation.
Transform International supports a vibrant global network advancing inclusive, safe, and economically sustainable communities in the developing world. Born out of a deep belief that people, given the opportunity to learn and grow, want to help themselves to live healthy and productive lives, Transform International works with network members to create these possibilities and turn them into real impact.
TI was started in 2016 by a group of experienced professionals who worked in the water, sanitation, and hygiene development sector.
We noticed similar things that got in the way of success of local programs:
- It’s hard to get practical, useful information when working in the developing world;
- Continuous learning is critical, but it’s hard to capture these important experiences and lessons;
- Even when captured, it’s difficult to share lessons learned and use them;
- There are no quick fixes – development is a long-term process;
- Development programs are most effective when are created and crafted with the full involvement of local partners.
And so we set to work to find the best ways to share information, capture lessons and promote continuous learning. We do this by partnering with local organizations that have “fire in the belly” for change in their community. They are there for the long haul, so whether development investments are small or large, we are ensured that they are solidly grounded.
Transform International Canada was formed in 2016, the same year as TI. Obtaining charitable status in Canada is a long process. TIC obtained charitable status in July 2019 (# 76947 1327 RR0001).